As always, here are the weekly wrapup post from 1st-7th February, 2009 in whatever has happened in Web, technology and few more interesting stuff.buy valium without prescription
So last week’s happenings are as follows:
- Lee Scott steps down as CEO of WalMart: Lee Scott, the legendary CEO of Wal-Mart who began his career with Wal-Mart as an Assistant Manager of the truck fleet, rose to become the CEO of Wal-Mart, undoubtedly the most powerful global position in the world of retail stepped down recently. (via India Retail Biz)
- Oh, the $10 Laptop turned out to be a serious joke: The much-hyped $10 laptop actually turned out to be a storage device, containing megabytes of data info which can be accessed by a user by connecting this device to a laptop! Even, NYT dubbed it as the next thing to kill PC business! via Times of India
- It’s all about Google: Past week can be dubbed as “Google Week” for sure for launching so many new services at a stretch. Few weeks back I wrote about what Google is closing down, this week it has been opposite. It launched Latitude, new google earth, Singularity University project, Internet Bus project in India, Book search goes Mobile and many more. (Read Google Blogs to know more)
- Facebook celebrates its 5th Birthday: Mark Zuckerberg wrote about it here with some rare pictures from its good ol’ days!
- NDTV launches Tubaah.com: NDTV Convergence, the digital arm of NDTV group, has launched Tubaah.com, a video aggregation portal that will host video clips across various content categories, such as news, lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, sports, spiritual and travel (via Afaqs)
- Twitter to unveil revenue model by April (apparently): Twitter CEO, Evan Williams mentioned that twitter much awaited revenue model may come by april via IMB