This post talks about 3rd IAMAI Digital Marketing Conference held at Bangalore. I’ll post about the broad implications later in the subsequent post of course but for now enjoy the ride through a list of tweets (Courtesy WatBlog). In between, you will find certain discussions marked green. These are the pointers which I feel makes this blog post’s title apt: Key Insights on the Intersection of Man, Technology & Culture. And as usual if you feel like you’ve anything to say, please comment in the section below to have a discussion.
Discussions in this section revolved around: Sellers of traditional media tout that media such as broadcast TV allows advertisers unrivaled impact and reach, attributes that become even more valuable as media fragments. Sellers of digital media counter that pinpoint targeting and ever-improving analytics make spending more in digital the right choice. Below is the crux of the discussions:
3. LIVE from #IAMAI: Move from cost per click (CPC) to cost per impact (CPI) to get better deals (Tweet)
4. LIVE from #IAMAI: Jet airways spend 50% of their digital budget in international markets whereas only 10% in India (Tweet)
5. LIVE from #IAMAI: Prediction -TV is going to be primarily digital & we are goin to see the marketer going to ask why was his ad not seen there – Mahesh Murty, Managing Director, Pinstorm Technologies (Tweet)
(II) NEW MEDIA TOOLS
Discussions in this section revolved around: The Internet was just the beginning; these days media planners are faced with a plethora of new digitally-derived media forms from podcasts to blogs, social networking to SMS, all of which need to be evaluated to see if they might meet clients needs. But how to go about it? Our panelists will help you figure that out. Below is the crux of the discussions:
10. LIVE from #IAMAI : Customer doesn’t click on online ads as they dont want to move away from page. Try using gadgets to initiate conversation – Parminder Singh, Business Head – Technology & Media, Google (Tweet)
(III)“HOW TO FIGHT WEB-WARINESS AND EMERGE AS A WINNER”
Discussions in this section revolved around: Convincing a company to spend more money in digital media is one challenge; to get it to use new media forms to break creative ground is an even bigger one. But there are those who have done it, and on this panel, we’ll hear from them-three gutsy clients who innovated not just in the media they’ve used, but in the work they’ve produced for them. Below is the crux of the discussions:
21. LIVE from #IAMAI : Gaurav Gupta, Regional Manager Asia Pacific- Retail Operations, General Motors asks how many brick & mortar are here? Just couples of hands show up in audience! Web Wary are we? (Tweet)
22. LIVE from #IAMAI : General Motors’ 2.5% of all sales in India is through digital channel without any other channel involved for GM. Gaurav Gupta, Regional Manager Asia Pacific- Retail Operations, General Motors – (Tweet)
(IV) THE BLENDED SEARCH REVOLUTION
Discussions in this section revolved around: The first generation of search engines ranked pages based on the content of those pages alone — the words on the page. The second generation increased relevancy by analyzing links. The third generation, Search 3.0, is upon us now in full force. Today’s search engines automatically blending in results from specialized or “vertical” search engines such as video search or local search. This session looks at the revolutionary change happening with blended search and how sear
ch marketers can ride the wave to success. Below is the crux of the discussions:
(V) TRAFFIC TO WEBSITE AND CONVERSIONS
Discussions in this section revolved around: In the beginning driving traffic was necessary and sufficient, now the dynamics of business has changed driving traffic is important but not sufficient, in the competitive environment with increasing cost per acquisition as marketers there is need for better understanding of website visitors and advertisers look for conversions. This session would look at the importance of digital marketing and maximum potential realization of digital marketing with relevant examples.
26. LIVE from #IAMAI – ‘Use of good tracking & analytics software should be a core of ROI. Don’t just use freeware‘ – Anurag Gupta, Managing Director, DGM India Internet Marketing.
Tweet Courtesy: http://twitter.com/watblog